Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gre Tan BTS Tips
 Login/Join

posted
Hi Gents, I'm in Australia and can't buy the replacement tips for the BTS Replacement Tips from the gretanrifles web site.
I assume that these are re-purposed industrial tips of some sort, does anyone know the generic description of them so I can source them locally?
Many thanks,
Tom

Posts: 6 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 02 January 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The hose is high pressure fluid hose with fiber reinforcement.

The unit that goes over the end of the barrel is machined out of delrin. I have seen fluid couplers like those on top of the delrin unit at fancy plumbing outlets. At the base of the Delrin unit four holes are tapped, and delrin screws go through them to hold the unit on the muzzle end of your barrel as it goes out of the spider.

You may be able to buy the unit without the hose for less than $100.00. That would be legal then. The big mystery is the exact pattern of the holes drilled in the delrin.
I believe the hose internal diameter is 0.250." Hope this is helpful.

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks, but I’ve already got the unit, I’m talking about the cone shaped, brass threaded neoprene tips.

Posts: 6 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 02 January 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
They look like tips used on compressed air blow guns.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2939 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of speerchucker30x378
posted Hide Post
coffee

I have never seen one as I use a universal oil flow that never wears out. But if it's a cone shaped thingy that goes into the bore, could you not cut them from nylon babbit on the lathe? Might help if you posted a picture.

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would just send Greg Tannel an email. I would think that he would get you some, one way or another. He is a real profession no B.S. fella.

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3291 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's rubber blow gun tip with a 1/8-27 NPT thread.

Posts: 701 | Location: fly over America, also known as Oklahoma | Registered: 02 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
1/8-27 NPT thread

popcorn

Like thems there?

https://www.grainger.com/produ...Brass-Air-Gun-22YK67

Or these heres?

https://www.globalindustrial.c...X5OpH_MaAh3oEALw_wcB

Or these sort of critters?

https://www.amazon.com/Interst...-Brass/dp/B00ABZ14AY

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that. I havn't seen them before, they'd pretty well do the trick I think.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
popcorn

Probably the same damned thing Gre-Tan is using. A lot of the stuff used in this industry is just re-purposed because the industry is to small for proprietary manufactured components.

Rod Henrickson