Find
Notify
Tools

Fred Wells Action SN #1
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Boss Hoss
posted
I am having a rifle built by Chuck Grace and it is going to be pretty much a one of a kind rifle with a Fred Wells action, half round half octagon Krieger barrel with machined rib and front barrel band turned and chambered in 416 Rigby by Speedy(I shoot competition 1K so it has to be a shooter) with Kiff doing the reamer. The stock will Macassar Ebony (have lots of fabulous blanks including screwbean and Russian Circassian but the Macassar is just magnificent and Chuck is excited about it) the square bridges will be machined to take the scope mounts and rings. What is really odd about this besides the way the action was found is that it is SN 001 and Brand New!! Cannot believe that I was able to luck into this one!! The action is marked NO. I SN with the other side WELLS & WELLS Prescott AZ and the bottom of the recoil lug is marked #1 RK.

Did not know very much about Fred except that he built the best and this is my first “African†rifle so to speak but it will be wicked! Would like to know if anyone has any idea about this specific action being or anything else that will help me learn more about this action?

Posts: 1004 | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ptaylor
posted Hide Post
you have GOT to post pics!!!

Posts: 328 | Location: central TX | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Boss Hoss
posted Hide Post
Will do but the rifle will be at the Guild Show in January.

Posts: 1004 | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote