Find
Notify
Tools

Montana Rifleman
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of JMJ888
posted
Has anybody used one of these actions or heard anything about them. Ran across them on the web and was just wanting some opinions.

Posts: 436 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 27 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Run a search.

The Montana actions have been thoroughly discussed before, you should be able to find some good information.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Do a search as there have been a lot of topics on them.

I ordered two and when I got the first one I sent it back. I had the second made up into a rifle and didn't like it as it was too heavy and far too expensive to get a decent finish.

So I sold the action and kept the barrel and stock. Such is the price of an education.

For a left handed shooter they are an option.

Join the NRA

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The only one I held in my hands was nicely done and slick to operate but it was heavy. I did notice the inside of the action was not finished as well as a Win or Rem. I think they make a fine choice for a large caliber rifle. The bottom metal is a step up from the stock Winchester stuff. I ordered a lefty stainless barreled action in 416 Rem Mag but I was informed they are back logged and not to expect delivery for three months. For a lefty wanting stainless it is the only way to go in the long magnums and the price is good.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6642 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a M1999 built into a .375 Taylor. When I got the action, the extractor was weak and would not control the rounds during extraction. An e-mail to Jeff at MRC, shipped them the bolt, back in less than a week with a new extractor. Problem solved. I really like the action. It's as smooth as anything I've ever cycled. Great (factory!) trigger. Absolutely no complaints.

MKane160

You can always make more money, you can never make more time...........LLYWD. Have you signed your donor card yet?

Posts: 488 | Location: TN | Registered: 03 January 2004Reply With Quote