Find
Notify
Tools

Blackstar's stanless steel barrels
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hi
If you own or have experience concerning their stainless barrels please tel me about it.they claim using better kind of ss steel .
regards
danny

Posts: 1127 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Elkslayer
posted Hide Post
I have one on my Compass Lake Engineering AR15 competition upper. I have never mounted a scope on it to check group accuracy or potiential but using the iron sights I can keep 5 shots at 100 yds right at an inch. It seems to clean up fairly easily and I have had no problems with it although I am still under 1000 rounds down the barrel. Not much information but I hope it helps.

Posts: 452 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 15 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't do business with Blackstar...nor would I recommend them to anyone else.

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
<JBelk>
posted
I'll second Ray's suggestion.

one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
Aren`t Blackstars a Walther barrel that they put through their "process" or have they come up with a better barrel of their own???

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Elkslayer
posted Hide Post
I don't know what to say other than my barrel is about 7-8 years old and maybe those barrels were different then.

Posts: 452 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 15 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They bought Walthers and then screwed them up. I'm sure some of the barrel were OK. It is there integrity that I doubt....

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I inquired about them last year also and got much the same advice from the above posters. Also asked my 'smith and he said "no way."

Posts: 733 | Location: N. Illinois | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote