New
Find
Notify
Tools

New VX III
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I got my new VX III 3.5-10X40 with a matte finish, and it looks like a winner. Super clear and bright, the power changing ring has a great feel to it and the adjustments are very well designed. I totally misunderstood the quick focus feature. From what I can see, it operates the same as the old vari X but utilizes a coarser (sp) thread. The locking ring is still there which I like. We'll see how it does when it gets atop the rifle.

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
<Guest>
posted
Chuck

Have you ever had occasion to use a Zeiss Conquest Scope.

I ask because I was wondering what the comparison is between the Conquest and the new VXIII, since they seem to be in the same price bracket.

Blue

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Have you ever had occasion to use a Zeiss Conquest Scope.

No, I haven't. Sorry.

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Chuck, I got a chance to try the new 4.5-14X40 with the Varmit Hunter reticle. It is sort of a busy reticle but what a sweet deal. It is sort of hard to explain but the info is on their web site. This scope was on a Remington 223 and at 400 yards I could hit an 8" groundhog steel plate. It had hash marks out to 600 yards and wind marks for 10 and 20 mph side winds. I was very impressed and will have one soon for the 300WSM. It comes in 3.5-10 also and in 1" tubes and also 30mm tubes and a side focus. The new line of scopes seem to be a big improvement

Posts: 1605 | Location: Wa. State | Registered: 19 November 2001Reply With Quote