THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    3 Position Safety Shroud for M700: Pacific Tool and Gauge

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

3 Position Safety Shroud for M700: Pacific Tool and Gauge
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Kenati
posted
I need to replace a bolt for a Remington M700 that was lost in shipping by UPS. I am going to go with the PTG bolt. I was also thinking about the 3-position safety shroud.

Does anyone have any experience with this shroud? It looks pretty nice to me. I prefer this style over the standard Remington safety.

Posts: 1051 | Location: Dirty Coast | Registered: 23 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is the same as you are talking about.

Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kenati
posted Hide Post
Looks good, Butch. Thanks for sharing. I see you have the same helical ground bolt too. Very nice.

I don't know how lucky I'll be with the correct headspacing, but hopefully I won't have to re-cut the chamber or set the barrel back any.

I assume you're pretty happy with your setup?

Posts: 1051 | Location: Dirty Coast | Registered: 23 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is on a custom that I'm building. I think James Anderson has the stock done and Ken Hurst has it for engraving. I hope to have it soon.
The safety works great.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In my experience, you can't go wrong with anything from PTG; damn good stuff he has.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5506 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is from the man that installed mine.
Butch