New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington box magazine?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a Rem. ADL 204 that has a magazine box that with a spacer in it . It doesn't let me load my cartridges with a long OAL. I need to know what magazine box and follower I can use that will allow me to load a longer cartridge so that I can get closer to the lands. I have a Rem. 22-250 VS and it has a magazine box that doesn't have that spacer in it, can I use one of those if I can find one? And what do I do about screwing it to the action since it doesn't have the tab like the ADL magazine box?
Thanks,
slygunner

Posts: 53 | Location: Utah | Registered: 27 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What's the spacer made of? You should be able to just take the spacer out. A 22-250 box would work, not too sure about the follower tho'. If you have one, swap them around and see if it feeds. As for the tab, you could have one welded on, or if the fit between receiver and magazine box is tight enough (it often isn't, which means you need to fit it) it should just stay where it is when the receiver bolts are tightened up. - Dan

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sly, I think you could find another mag from remington to fit, but often the reason there is a spacer in the mag is to facilitate consistent feeding. I have had a couple of mags in different rifles that had that same setup and it was in fact specifically for feeding that they were set up that way. I am in fact still looking for a spare mag for a SAKO 75 in the V action that has the spacer in it for a 300 WSM. I imagine there are enough Rem guru's on the forum that someone can give you some better scoop than this--just a little input. Good Luck--D.

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
dan,
thanks for the suggestions. I think I'll try that.

Fish,
from what I have gathered, the follower is going to be my problem. After a few smiths' have messed with the 204 maybe I'll be able to get what I need.
Thanks,
slygunner

one of us
Picture of yotecaller
posted Hide Post
I have an ADL short action 22-250 box,spring and follower that I would trade you if it will work for you.Just let me know.
yotecaller@hotmail.com

Posts: 345 | Location: NH | Registered: 24 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
yotecaller,
I sent you an email.
thanks,
slygunner