Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

gunstock duplicating needed
 Login/Join

posted
I have some nice stock blanks and need someone to duplicate a factory mannlicher full length stock. does anyone know of a good reliable person who does this type of work? Thanks

Posts: 13 | Location: fairbanks alaska | Registered: 08 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lynn,
It all depends on how accurate you want the duplicating. If you want close tolerances and a lot less time to have it inletted you need to go to someone with a Hoenig Rodman duplicator and it will cost you from $250 and up. It is best to glass your acion into the stock you have to create a good pattern. The stock will take you 2 hours to get inletted. Have him cut the outside close to the pattern and you will be sanding the stock in short order. Try Bill Harvey at 410 658 5074. He will have it on it's way back to you within a month and you won't be dissapointed. If you want a 95% semi inlet, bear in mind they have removed 95% of the easy wood, 100% of the hard stuff is still there and sometines they have removed some of the wood that should not have been. They will cost you $100 +/- if they will work on your wood. There are lots of them but none that I would recommend.

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Chic Thanks, I talked to Bill and was impressed. I will be sending him the blanks soon. Lynn

Posts: 13 | Location: fairbanks alaska | Registered: 08 July 2003Reply With Quote