Find
Notify
Tools

Which Lyman 48 for Winchester 52
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted
I have a buddy looking for a Lyman 48 for his Winchester (1990's repoduction). I have no clue which one to tell him to look for. If someone could tell me which model Lyman 48 fits the re-production Win 52 I would appreciate it.

And if anyone knows where one could be found for purchase that would be even better.

William Berger

True courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne

The courageous may not live forever, but the timid do not live at all.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of AZ Pete
posted Hide Post
The Lyman 57 WTR is a fit. I don't know the last year of procuction of the 48, but I believe the 57 would be consistent with the 1990's production date of the rifle. I put a 57 on a rifle in the early 70's, and believe the the 48 series was out of production then.

According to the Lyman web page, the following people deal in obsolete Lyman sight parts. I would expect that any of these folks can tell you the correct model number for your 52.

Nick Stroebel Gunsights

PO Box 808

Mountainair, NM 87036

Gary Fellers

Marie Lane

Fort Worth, TX 76123

817-346-9633

Phillip Stewart

1007 Howard Street

Mount Vernon, OH 43050

740-393-0704

NRA Patron Life Member

Posts: 309 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 24 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the great info. I was able to find out I need the Lyman 48F. Now I just need to find one that is affordable. The one I did find the seller was asking $210.

William Berger

True courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne

The courageous may not live forever, but the timid do not live at all.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cordite_Blues
posted Hide Post
The 48F is the correct sight for the 52 Sporter. I bought mine from Garry Fellers in TX. It's a third variation. I think you'll spend upwards of $200 for one in decent shape. Sometimes I see them on eBay, but most sellers know the value (and scarcity) of them. Good luck. Mine looks elegant on my 53 Sporter repro, and the rig shoots like a house afire. Doug.

"In a question of right and wrong, never be neutral." Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 29 | Location: Rochester, MI USA | Registered: 20 December 2005Reply With Quote