Find
Notify
Tools

Warne Premier Rings
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted
Instead of hijacking the Talley thread where this was being discussed I thought I would go ahead and post pics of the different Warne rings here.

Warne Premiers - machined from solid steel and come in 2 different of QD configurations (lever and thumbknob) and also in the Permanent type mount.(they are still removable they just lack the levers) They fit a 3/8" dovetail base. The bases are still made by Warne but not the Premier rings.

The Premiers are my favorite rings and comparable to the Talleys. The Premier bases use a lug on the bottom of the ring that locks into the base to make a very solid mounting system.

Next is the Maxima series. They are available in both QD and pemanent. The permanent can not be removed from the rifle without basically removing the scope from the rings. They are made from sintered metal. I have them on several rifles and they perform great. I just happen to like the looks of the Premiers better. The Maximas wil fit either the Warne Bases or the Weaver style bases.

Warne also makes the 7.3 series which is a saddle type ring and fits the Premier bases.

I hope this will answer a lot of the questions that have popped up about the Warne stuff.

William Berger

True courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne

The courageous may not live forever, but the timid do not live at all.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
William, the Maximas are made from sintered steel, not just some mystery "metal". They are in no way, shape, or form metallurgically inferior to the Premiers. There are plenty of websites that explain the metallurgical properties of sintered steels, which can then be compared to cold rolled bar stock (what I suspect the Premiers are made of).

So often I see the word "milled" thrown around as if it signified some kind of holy property or quality. Milled pot metal is still shit......

Though I have to agree with you that Premiers are sleeker.

Sorry, but metallurgical myths are a pet peeve of mine.

one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted Hide Post
I am in absolutely no way trying to say,imply, or in any way way possible indicate that the Maximas are of lesser quality. I am just trying to show the difference in appearnce between the different Warne rings and bases. If I didnt think the Maximas were a great ring I wouldnt own them. And Like I mentioned I do have them on several rifles.

William Berger

True courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne

The courageous may not live forever, but the timid do not live at all.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Peace Bill. I'm with you.

Now, being that sintered metal is forced into a mold as a powder/binding agent mix (the metal injection molding part of the process), I see no reason why the Maximas couldn't be made to look as attractive as the Premiers.