New
Find
Notify
Tools

MRC M1999 Action Update 12/2/03
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I posted this in another string but thought that it would do more good if I placed a new post with the information. Please understand that the information placed here is what I have "right now" and unfortunately it can change at any time due to circumstances beyond our control.

BSRM (Short, Stainless, R/H, Magnum) actions are shipping now. We have most of the orders out for them except for a few barreled actions and recent orders.

BSRS (Short, Stainless, R/H, Standard) actions are coming in right now. We just received the first "Small" batch and are working on assembling them right now. More are coming in every week.

BCRM (Short, Chrome Moly, R/H, Magnum) actions are at the polisher right now and should start arriving here within the next week or so.

BCRS (Short, Chrome Moly, R/H, Standard) actions just left the heat treatment facility yesterday and are on their way to the polisher. We should start seeing them within the next couple of weeks.

CSLM (Long, Stainless, L/H, Magnums). These actions were supposed to be done by another machine shop for us, but unfortunately this shop has repeatedly dropped the ball. Pinetree is sending the actions to our regular machine shop and they should be sending us the machined samples here within a few weeks. We are currently looking at about 5 weeks for delivery on these.

CSLS (Long, Stainless, L/H, Standard) Same as CSLM

CCLM (Long, Chrome Moly, L/H, Magnum) Same as CSLM

CCLS (Long, Chrome Moly, L/H, Standard) Same as CSLM

** Good news on these though, we are still offering the $350.00 price on these until we start delivery. If you still have a project now or in the future for a Left Handed Long action.

BSLM (Short, Stainless, L/H, Magnum) They are headed for our regular machine shop, we expect to start seeing them within the next 5 weeks or less.

BSLS (Short, Stainless, L/H, Standard) Same as BSLM

BCLM (Short, Chrome Moly, L/H, Magnum) Same as BSLM

BCLS (Short, Chrome Moly, L/H, Standard) Same as BSLM

Wish I could give you a more concrete date, but this is all I have been given as of this morning. As I have new updates I will try my best to post them.

Dan

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that Dan! As usual, you go out of your way to be informative, even if the message you can convey may not be the one some customers would most like to hear... Keep up the good work, and keep those actions rolling out of the shop!
- mike

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of vapodog
posted Hide Post
Dan, I got my .375 length action the other day it chrome moly and white. Everyone that has looked at it is very impressed.

Thanks...it's a very fine product.

Posts: 28849 | Location: western Nebraska | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dan,
I was just getting antsy wondering about us lefties, so the update is timely. Of course you also have to figure in the Christmas (not Holiday) break so it's at least the end of January for us.
And then, I have an idiotic 10 day waiting period to sit through after it gets to my gun dealer! Like I'm going to go out and kill someone in the heat of passion with a bare action!

I guess this will be Wifezilla's Valentine day present to me.

Posts: 12711 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That 10-day waiting period sucks, doesn't it? Hopefully, my .358 Win barreled action in stainless won't be too much longer.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Dan-

I received my two stainless, short, magnum boltface actions via UPS, last night. So, I have had a little time to fondle them.

I and everyone else that has seen them have remarked that they look very nice and that the polishing and finish work is much, much better than the "early" actions. Learning curve coming into play, no doubt. The "everyone else" that has seen my two actions are rifle smiths of some reputation. Again, there comments were very positive.

I for one feel great about the actions. I intend to post some pictures of the actions as soon as I have a free minute to take some pictures.

For those of you who are still waiting, hang in there. I believe you will be as pleased as I am. I have a PH action on order, so, with a little luck, I will be makeing a similar post regarding that action, next year.

Dan, as for you and the rest of the folks at Montana Rifleman, keep up the good work.

Posts: 1323 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 04 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you everyone for your kind comments. It really displeases me to have to tell everyone it's going to be a little bit longer. I realize that everyone has been told at one time or another various delivery dates. Please understand that the information be passed on by my sales staff is the most current information they have at hand. They are not trying to put you off, they are being as honest as possible with the information they have. When you are developing a new product like we are and dealing with outside vendors inveriably (spelling?) something doesn't quite work out the way you planned.

As I have said we are delivering the Long R/H and Short Stainless Magnums right now and my team of assemblers are working their butts off trying to get the actions out of the door as possible. We do not want to send out any actions that are not up to par, of course there have been a very small number that have gone out with slight imperfections like both lugs not making full contact. This is however is an easy fix by any qualified gunsmith. There have not been any actions go out with any safety issues.

I hope that everyone remains patient as I believe the actions are well worth the wait.

Dan

one of us
Picture of Robgunbuilder
posted Hide Post
Dan-What is happening with the PH magnum action-Rob

Posts: 6314 | Location: Las Vegas,NV | Registered: 10 January 2001Reply With Quote