New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which Mcmillan for mod 70?
 Login/Join

<MOA>
posted
I have had a 270 WSM model 70 for a couple months now and am becoming very tired of the junky palstic stock that came with it. I went over to McMillan's internet specials page and saw that they had a couple featherweights in stock. I have never handled any of their stocks so I'm not sure what I want. I want it to be a lightweight short action rifle so I have my eye on the featherweight. Can anyone offer me some advice on which style to get before I drop $300. I will be using it with a zeiss conquest scope.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Take a look at Jim Borden's website ...he owns RimRick stocks. Probably the nicest looking stock around for a Modle 70.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Another good one is the Hi-tech stock from Mark Bansner. I like these. Regards, Bill.

Posts: 3765 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
<MOA>
posted
I checked out Bansners Hi Teck stocks on his websight. One problems with them though... He wat $625 to paint and fit it to the rifle. I can have Mcmillan do all this for $75 less. Brownelles sells Hi Tech stocks for $210, this guy wants too much for labor in my opinion. I do like the fact that they weigh in at 20 oz. though.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
would you consider a hogue over mould stock either with pillar bedding or full length bedding block ??

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a nice, light McMillian M70 Featherweight stock on my SS .308. I really like it.
If you have doubts about which style McMillian stock you might want, I understand McM will let you examine one. You will have to pay shipping. Call and ask them. E

Posts: 1022 | Location: Placerville,CA,USA | Registered: 28 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you go with a McMillan, may I recommend the Supergrade model. It is my favorite stock for the Win 70, handles recoil well and has nice lines. You won't be disappointed with this one. MtnHtr

Posts: 254 | Location: USA | Registered: 30 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CK
posted Hide Post
Just got my McMillian in yesterday for my LH M70 SS Classic 30/06.........A Supergrade, Mtnhtr, you are correct, what a stock. Makes her feel like a new rifle.

Posts: 653 | Location: Juneau, Alaska | Registered: 09 February 2001Reply With Quote
<Big Stick>
posted
I like their G&H pattern on a light little rifle and the Winchester Classic on something of more "normal" weight.

The Featherweight isn't to my liking,but all of this is subjective................