Notify
Tools

VAN HORN BARRELS
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of STINGER
posted
hi

anybody here used these barrels? i was wondering about the quality etc. thanx in advance for any info.

PLEASE EXCUSE CAPS, HANDICAPPED TYPIST.

"THE" THREAD KILLER

IT'S OK......I'VE STARTED UP MY MEDS AGAIN. THEY SHOULD TAKE EFFECT IN ABOUT A WEEK. (STACI-2006)

HAPPY TRAILS

HANDLOADS ARE LIKE UNDERWEAR....BE CAREFUL WHO YOU SWAP WITH.

BILL

Posts: 479 | Location: MINOT, NORTH DAKOTA | Registered: 24 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have had good and bad experiences with Van Horn. His metal work can be superb but sometimes it is not. His communication ranges from bad to worse. I think he probably means well, but I finally got my deposit money back rather than have him finish the last project he was doing for me. He may be a case in which face to face works better than long distance communication.

Posts: 817 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I agree with Mike,
Communication -Horrible-
Van Horn rebarreled a rem700 for me which wouldn't shoot. Serious machining marks inside the barrel. (viewed with a borescope) Looks to me like the button chattered when the rifling was cut.
Sent it back under his guarantee and they've had it since last september. We'll see if he's true to his word and stand behind his guarantee.

One of Us
Picture of STINGER
posted Hide Post
thanx for the info guys. i appreciate it.

PLEASE EXCUSE CAPS, HANDICAPPED TYPIST.

"THE" THREAD KILLER

IT'S OK......I'VE STARTED UP MY MEDS AGAIN. THEY SHOULD TAKE EFFECT IN ABOUT A WEEK. (STACI-2006)

HAPPY TRAILS

HANDLOADS ARE LIKE UNDERWEAR....BE CAREFUL WHO YOU SWAP WITH.

BILL

Posts: 479 | Location: MINOT, NORTH DAKOTA | Registered: 24 January 2005Reply With Quote