Notify
Tools

Hill Country Rifles...Any Experience?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of 218 Bee
posted
Hi Folks,

As I'll be heading to Texas in a few weeks, I was considering dropping off my old Sako AIII in .223 for a rebarrel by Hill Country rifles.

Anybody had any experience with them...good or bad?

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Posts: 610 | Location: Coleman County, Texas | Registered: 05 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Don B
posted Hide Post
I have use Hill Country to accurize and pillar bed several rifles, and they have always impressed me. I will continue to use them when needed.
Don

Posts: 218 | Location: Lawrenceville, GA | Registered: 22 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have dealt with them since they started. They are good honest people that do damn good work.

Matt Bettersworth, Dave and Hector are really good people and will talk with you and understand what you want out of a project.

Stockmaker J. Earl Bridges is with them now and his work speaks for itself.

You'll be pleased.

Posts: 1323 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 04 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
I have had them accurize a 7mm-08 for me and build a custom 22-250. Their work and service is top notch.

Good Hunting,

Bob

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 218 Bee
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies!

I had spoken to the guys from HCR at the Dallas SCI show back in the early part of the year and liked what I saw and heard.

Since I'll be back home in the Hill Country a good bit during November and December, I thought I might go ahead and get this ball rolling...and it's always comforting to hear positive feedback from others that matches your own opinion!

Now for the tough decision...do I maintain it as a .223 or build the little Fireball I've always wanted? It's tough choosing between good answers, ain't it?

Thanks for the opinions...I wish everyone well this upcoming season!

Posts: 610 | Location: Coleman County, Texas | Registered: 05 July 2003Reply With Quote