New
Find
Notify
Tools

1912 steyr mauser?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
For some reason unknown to me, I picked one up off of gunbroker. I need it like I need an extra hole in my head but...

Anyways, any info on this rifle would be great. I got the jist on the history of the 1912's but what about the action itself.

I'm thinking of making a 358win or similiar for a black bear gun.

Thanks

A lesson in irony

The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing this year the greatest amount of free Meals and Food Stamps ever, to 46 million people.

Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us... "Please Do Not Feed the Animals." Their stated reason for the policy is because "The animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."

Thus ends today's lesson in irony.

Posts: 1626 | Location: Michigan but dreaming of my home in AK | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Excellent actions. I used one to build a yote gun in 243.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
fishingBuilt a 7mmX57 scout on that action which is hot rodded just a little with no problems. fishingroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have two, both in .308 Win. One is still in the military that I bought for the action that had been converted to 7.62 NATO using a two groove barrel and a block on the front of the magazine. the other is a full blown custom by the Harry Lawson Company in Tucson also a conversion tot he NATO round originally, but with a new very light weight barrel. The barreled action is in one of Lawson's thumbhole stocks and with scope, full magazine, and sling ready to hunt, the entire package weighs 5 pounds even.
Both actions are very smooth in operation. The one in GI form is slated to become a .358 Win. when I can drum up the funds.
Paul B.

Posts: 2814 | Location: Tucson AZ USA | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys,

I just dropped it off at my smith.

So far I told him to set it up with a 20" shilen (fluted), he makes some real nice integrated peep on the rear scope base. He has a banser hi-tech stock for it. I'm running with the nitrate finish.

Now I just need to get a trigger and a win style safety and of course the wait.

Should be a nice little 358.

A lesson in irony

The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing this year the greatest amount of free Meals and Food Stamps ever, to 46 million people.

Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us... "Please Do Not Feed the Animals." Their stated reason for the policy is because "The animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."

Thus ends today's lesson in irony.

Posts: 1626 | Location: Michigan but dreaming of my home in AK | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote