New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mauser guard needed
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm getting ready to build me a Alpine Deer rifle on a 98 Mauser chambered in a 7x57 ..
I have the barreled action , wood and most everything else I need ...

But I decided to do a round body type feel , with a blind magazine along with a Prince-of-Wales type of grip ..

So I my question is .. Where can I buy a steel ADL type triggerguard that works the best on a Mauser like the one pictured below ??

Thanks to all in advance ..

Posts: 343 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: 24 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1577 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
along with a Prince-of-Wales type of grip

what's it look like? never heard the term.

thx

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sunnyhill

Posts: 1085 | Location: Detroit MI | Registered: 28 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
prince of Wales is a common grip type on double shotguns, particular English game guns. Named for the Prince of Wales around the turn of the last century since it was his favorite style of grip.It refers to a very ope type of grip, sort of halfway between a straight handed grip and a pistol grip.

Posts: 1237 | Location: Lexington, Kentucky, USA | Registered: 04 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Art S.:
prince of Wales is a common grip type on double shotguns, particular English game guns. Named for the Prince of Wales around the turn of the last century since it was his favorite style of grip.It refers to a very ope type of grip, sort of halfway between a straight handed grip and a pistol grip.

thx.

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote