New
Find
Notify
Tools

BRNO Rifles
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Can anyone tell me which models of BRNO Rifles have the integral 20 MM dovetails machined into the receiver bridge and ring. I ask because I have just acquired a set of Burgess Scope Mounts. Those mounts were originally designed especially for the BRNO Rifles that had the integral dovetails, and then of course people started having custom bases machined in order to take advantage of them on other types of rifles.

I know it has been said on AR before, but I will repeat it here again becasue it bears repeating. Thomas Burgess does absolutely beautiful beautiful work. These rings are like faceted jewels. Every surface is perfectly thought out, machined, and finished to perfection. The design is ingenious. And the tolerances are so close that one cannot even see where the metal joins.

Thank you Thomas!!!!!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
The Brno rifles with 19mm dovetails started in about 1948-49, I think and have been made since then in various models. I would love to have those rings for my custom project of a 21H action that will be a light 9.3x62 "mountain rifle" for backpacking in B.C. Grizzly country. You are fortunate to have found them and they would certainly be the best method of scoping a Brno.

Posts: 1379 | Location: British Columbia | Registered: 02 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
1949-55 models 21 and 22
ZG-47
600, 601, 602
CZ-550

Posts: 2036 | Location: Roebling, NJ 08554 | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
22WRF
Lucky you, Burgess rings are very nice. What rifle shall you clamp them on?

To ease your pain, I just procured a ZG-47 Cool Big Grin

Cheers
/JOHAN

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Johan

I have a mint condition G.33/40 action that I was going to put them on, with bases of course. I was thinking of a classic 7 x 57 all done up nice.

However, when I read the instruction sheet that comes with the rings I became aware of this situation with BRNO Rifles, and now it almost seems like a crime to put them on anything but a BRNO rifle that they were designed for. So now the fun begins, trying to find something to put them on.

I am not interested in the current BRNO or whatever they are rifles. Are there any books on the older ones?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM sent....Any pic's?

<JOHAN>
posted
22WRF
Sounds like a fantastic project-who shall do the work? 6,5X55, 6,5X57, 7X57 or 8X57IS will do fine. I found a rifle with crap stock and worn barrel, it needed a new home Wink

Cheers
/JOHAN