New
Find
Notify
Tools

Opinion of Green Mountain RF Barrels.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a nice Stevens 44 ½ in caliber .22 Short and I would like to make an extra barrel for it in caliber .22LR. The Stevens barrels can be changed with little more than a screwdriver. A Green Mountain Winchester No. 3 Octagon barrel would be a perfect fit to the forearm I have and I could have a .22LR barrel for it with little work. Have any of you experience with the Green Mountain .22 RF barrels and what is your opinion of them?

Thanks, MP

Posts: 808 | Location: Anchorage, Alaska | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you listen to the fellows over at rimfire central, they feel they are a "best bang for the buck" barrel... Very accurate and not overly picky selecting bullet brands.

Posts: 360 | Location: PA | Registered: 29 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
They are a step up from factory barrels. A lot of that might be from a better chamber than factory guns.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12608 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote