New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tikka T3
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just removed the barrel from a brand new Tikka T3. It seems to have a 1" (Actually 0.995) tenon with 16 tpi. I was please with that, as I expected metric threads, and the customer wants it to be a 6.5 Creedmoor. Do my measurements look correct to those of you who have taken one of these rifles apart?

Bill Jacobs

NRA Endowment Member
US Army Veteran
CWP Holder
Gunsmith

Posts: 338 | Location: Greenwood, SC | Registered: 06 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of speerchucker30x378
posted Hide Post
See here. About the 14th post down.

http://forums.accuratereloadin...043/m/8671075902/p/3

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
Rod, I got curious and checked the thread you linked to and ended up watching several of your youtube videos on stuck case/bullet removal. Learned a lot! Thanks for sharing that with us gun first-graders.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand at the ready to do violence on their behalf

Posts: 3282 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of speerchucker30x378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matt Norman:
Rod, I got curious and checked the thread you linked to and ended up watching several of your youtube videos on stuck case/bullet removal. Learned a lot! Thanks for sharing that with us gun first-graders.

Yeah, that grease press turned out to be one of those hare brained ideas that actually turned out to be a money maker. I reluctantly admit that I have built far more expensive tools that only got used once or twice.
Even a blind hog finds an acorn if it roots long enough I guess. LOL

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote