Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

204 ruger on sako 222 action
 Login/Join

posted
Will sako AI action( formerly 222 rem) take the 204 ruger?
I Was looking at sako´s website and the 204 ruger comes with the sako 75 III action.
Afox.

one of us
Picture of Jim White
posted Hide Post
As long as the bolt face is the same (which it is) you will have no problem. Increased pressure would not be a consideration if that's what you are concerned with. Jim

99% of the democrats give the rest a bad name.

"O" = zero

NRA life member

Posts: 730 | Location: Prescott, AZ | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As the maximum over-all cartridge length, to feed through the magazine, is 2.280"......the L461/AI action is a tad too short for the 204 Ruger round. That is, unless you seat the bullet way off the lands....or have a really short throat.

Hope this helps....

Friend Of The 17.....and 20
Kevin Gullette

Posts: 412 | Location: The Republic Of Texas, USA | Registered: 28 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Sako L461 was factory chambered in .222 Magnum (I have two of them), the parent case for the .204 Ruger. The only bullet that I have run accross that is too long or has an ogive excessively long for the Sako magazine is a 55 grain Ballistic Tip. While I haven't messed with any .20 calibers, I wouldn't think that most .204 bullets are as long as most .224 bullets, therefore I can't see why the L461 isn't a perfect action for the .204. Maybe those little .204's take up more magazine that I imagine, but looks like they'd fit to me.

Posts: 13243 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote