New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking For Some Solid Half-Inch Recoil Pads
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I've just about finished restoring a couple of Winchester Model 42' and I can't find any that are not as hard as a rock - if they were red it would be perfect. Six would be perfect.

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of speerchucker30x378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DB Bill:
I've just about finished restoring a couple of Winchester Model 42' and I can't find any that are not as hard as a rock - if they were red it would be perfect. Six would be perfect.

The thin Pachmeyer Deceloraors are the only thing that comes to mind.

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have used these a few times and really like em ..
They come in a number of sizes and have a really cool attachment system .
And are squishy soft in the middle ..

https://www.newenglandcustomgu...l%20Pad#.WhLNiraZN0s

Posts: 343 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: 24 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I really like the decelerator pads but can't find half inch in red.

Galazans half inch red padsare crap - they are as hard asa brick and the pad and the backing seperate easily.

The last suggestion looked great but the thinnest they mahr is 3/4 of an inch

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote