Find
Notify
Tools

Gunsmiths help wanted
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Good Day All,
Is it possible to lighten the trigger pull on a non adjustable trigger? Specifically my CBC Model 122 .22LR. The original bolt had a hair line crack running length wise and I decided to replace the entire bolt. The gunsmith that did the exchange for me wanted my bolt in exchange. I do not know why. None of the gunsmiths in my area want to do it for me as they say it would not be possible. I dont see why as the firing pin has an integral sear which mates with the trigger assembly. What would I need to file down to do the job myself, once again if it is possible?
Your help in this regard would be much appreciated as my rifles deadly accuracy is no more due to the "new" bolt.
Many thanks.

Posts: 885 | Location: Eastern Cape, South Africa | Registered: 08 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm afraid you need to find another gunsmith. Whoever you asked should have told you WHY it wasn't possible in his opinion. OF COURSE it's possible to sweeten the pull IF the smith knows what he's doing.

Or, if he really wants the work. The labor charge might actually be quite high, depending.
Regards, Joe

Posts: 2756 | Location: deep South | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks J D I was pretty sure it could be done but you confirmed it. Thanks

Posts: 885 | Location: Eastern Cape, South Africa | Registered: 08 January 2010Reply With Quote