New
Find
Notify
Tools

An idle question ...
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
How different would the bottom metal be for a .404 Jeff if built from a .375 H&H Win M70 SS Classic?

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
At Sound Metal Products, we make them wider from the shoulder back...that is ideal, but involves rail work...It SHOULD feed 404's OK..not perfect, but workable in the original configuration

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
I have one on a Model 70 LA and a Winchester box with the "windows" in the sides worked fine but, it still needed rail work. Feeds very smoothly and reliably now.
I forgot to mention that I cannot afford Duane's bottom metal or that is what I would have used. I did buy the Williams "Oberndorf" floorplate and guard but it was only $160.00.

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote