Find
Notify
Tools

300 Win mag to .250 Win Mag
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Rayderluvr
posted
Has any one ever necked down a .300 Win Mag to .25 caliber? I would be interesed in how it worked, performance, etc.
Thanks!

You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose.....but you can't pick your friends nose!

Posts: 72 | Location: SW Misssouri | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
It is pretty much called the 257Wby magnum. A 300Wmag case has about 2 grains more capacity than the 257Wby so by the time you neck it down the 250-300wmag would have the same to maybe just a touch less capacity.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rayderluvr
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info.....I am new to AR and find the "Wildcats" very interesting.
I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose.....but you can't pick your friends nose!

Posts: 72 | Location: SW Misssouri | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
You are most welcome. Always happy to show how little I know. beer

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ramrod340:
It is pretty much called the 257Wby magnum. A 300Wmag case has about 2 grains more capacity than the 257Wby so by the time you neck it down the 250-300wmag would have the same to maybe just a touch less capacity.

Just my 2 cents. The neck would also be pretty darn short as well!

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .366torque:
quote:
Originally posted by ramrod340:

Just my 2 cents. The neck would also be pretty darn short as well!

No shorter than the neck on a 300 winchester and in the smaller caliber it would be proportionally longer.

AllanD

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote