THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Funny thing happened on the way to check out at Midway!

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Funny thing happened on the way to check out at Midway!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted
Funny thing happened on the way to check out at Midway! After posting the price I found at Midway on the Williams guard & went back to Midway to purchase one. I went to my shopping basket where I had placed the guard not 15 minutes before & proceeded through the check out procedure. The sale price was 137.00 & the total order was 145.80. Item # 115533 Matte blued LA guard. When I got to the very last step & was about to pull the trigger & LUCKLEY I noticed the total had changed to 176.79! The guard was now 169.99. I went back to my basket & the price on the guard was still 137.00. Then I was to where the item was listed & the price was changed to 169.99! What gives? Maybe I shouldn't have posted the price on AR. Is Midway watching AR?

My experience with Midway totaly sucked for the first time! Roll Eyes I will call them today I see what happens. Confused

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8346 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
I've had that happen but mine was a sale item I put in the cart but didn't check out until the next day. I guess it went off sale. My experience with MidwayUSA has generally been good.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Actually, that is a common practice amoung quite a few web-site vendors.

Amazon.com is notorious for doing that. Place an order for an item into your "shopping cart" - wait awhile - price inceeases!

Posts: 161 | Location: Mississippi USA | Registered: 09 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D Humbarger:
My experience with Midway totaly sucked for the first time! :

Roll EyesIf that was your first bad experience with Midway you can consider yourself LUCKY!! thumbdownroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lesson for us all: Keep your eyes open until you make that last click. I've never had much trouble with Midway. But then, I don't buy much on-line. I sure do miss those 1,000-count IMI .224 bullets for $35.00 they had in the mid-1990s...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
& now for the rest of the story!

I called Midway this morning & explained what had happened. They said that the trigger guards were on "inventory reduction". They had 7 & wanted to get the count down to 6. Evidently someone pulled the trigger just before I did causing the automated system to take that item off inventory reduction & go back to the original price of 169.99. Midway graciously offered to honor the sale price as a "one time courtesy" which I gladly accepted. All ended well.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8346 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have found Midway very accomodating in all areas. If you ever get into a bind ask to speak with larry Potterfield. He will listen and take action or provide a sound explantation.

Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D Humbarger:
& now for the rest of the story!

I called Midway this morning & explained what had happened. They said that the trigger guards were on "inventory reduction". They had 7 & wanted to get the count down to 6. Evidently someone pulled the trigger just before I did causing the automated system to take that item off inventory reduction & go back to the original price of 169.99. Midway graciously offered to honor the sale price as a "one time courtesy" which I gladly accepted. All ended well.

Much better than my experience with them. I had the same exact thing happen to me only I purchased two in stock items, or rather placed them in my cart, and then checked out. A while later when I received my email confirmation I noticed that they were charging me full price for one as well as another shipping charge. I called, and cancelled. I can understand an item being sold before I get the chance to buy it however, if the status changes there ought to be a warning. It is not readily apparent when you check out, at least it wasn't when I did.

The only time I will buy from Midway is when no one else has it and then only grudgingly.

As for speaking with Larry, yeah, right.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4861 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by z1r:
The only time I will buy from Midway is when no one else has it and then only grudgingly.

As for speaking with Larry, yeah, right.

X 2* thumbdownroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike and bartsche

I have the same opinion.
Midway use to have great prices and shipping. Now there shipping is 30% over the price of competitors. My dealer pricing is unreal. In most cases none to 1% discount. This really makes customers mad when compare what I have to charge compared to what they could have bought direct.
This is one example of price gouging.
Barrett 50 Cal ammo, case of 80 rounds, Midway on sale was something like $335.00 dealer plus shipping.
My cost from Barrett direct was $250.00 shipped.
I have a lot of instances like this.

James

Posts: 658 | Location: W.Va | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
I had almost the exact opposite happen to me once.

Moved an item from wish list to cart. Item had gone up $8 since I had put it on the wish list. But the price stayed the same lower, old price.

But I will agree Midway has gone a bit downhill. I used to never have to worry about shopping around because with my C&R discount, Midway was ALWAYS the cheapest. Now? only about 1/3 of the time.

Guess we are all paying for Wednesday Night at the Range on the Outdoor Channel.

And that's the way it is.

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3103 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote