New
Find
Notify
Tools

German "Claw' scope mounts
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Have a friend that has an orginal Mauser sporter with these mounts, but no rings. Looking for info on getting this thing set up. NECG wants a bloody fortune, probably more than the rifle is worth to fit rings, so looking for alternatives. He lives in the Pacific Northwest...

Posts: 432 | Location: Baytown, TX | Registered: 07 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
If you could post a pic it would be a BIG help. There were quite a few different mounting systems used on the original Mausers.

------------------
NRA Life member

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
<Don Martin29>
posted
If the mounts on the rifle have the spring loaded bases like my drilling does all you need is a couple of bases. Someone made up a set for the 1X Weaver that came with the gun.

There is not much to them for a machinist if they are made to silver solder to a steel scope tube.

Another thing to try is to contact all the sellers of combination guns or european guns. They may have a set of mounts under the bench.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Recknagle, a German firm, probably has what you are looking for.

http://www.recknagel.de/

Posts: 1243 | Location: Golden, CO | Registered: 05 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replys: At least it's a start! Would be happy to post a picture, if someone will tell me how. I've got some good shots...

Posts: 432 | Location: Baytown, TX | Registered: 07 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
I take it this is the kind of (S�hler)claw mount you're referring to :

If the rings are missing, you will find them in Europe, preferably Germany (look up the web) and have them fitted by a (good) gunsmith.

------------------
Andr�

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
<1GEEJAY>
posted
Hi'
Try Griffith & Howe,they have lot of experience,with these kind of mounts.You can find then on my site.
1geejay
http://www.shooting-hunting.com