THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Can anyone help me find a riflesmith in Alberta???

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can anyone help me find a riflesmith in Alberta???
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Doc
posted
Hello All. I am rebooking my bear hunt in Alberta for late May. I'm taking my bow and may just borrow the outfitter's .338 Win Mag, however, he informed me that it might have a bit of a problem.

Seems he needs a new bbl. I won't go into details because it is not important. I offered to bring him a custom bbl preturned blank but he'll need a smith in Alberta to do the riflework for him. He doesn't know of but one gunsmith and isn't sure the guy knows much about rebarreling a rifle, let alone doing some blueprinting work on it.

Does anyone know of any good smiths in Alberta that can do some work for this guy if I bring him a new bbl.??

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

one of us
posted Hide Post
rick at Alberta Tactical rifles in Calgary, or Dave Henry in Bently would be teo of your best choices in Alberta right now. Rom Smith makes barrels here (in Wimbourne) and they are good barrels too, and he also will do the 'smithing for you. - dan

"Intellectual truth is eternally one: moral or sentimental truth is a geographic and chronological accident that varies with the individual" R.F. Burton

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns