Find
Notify
Tools

Mystery QD rings....
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of JAG
posted
I picked these up some time ago and have never been able to ID them.

They are:
1" ID
Dove tails are approx;
.675 x .5635 x .100

The rear(I assume) is windage adjustable.
There are NO markings on them at all.

I asked here couple years back and got no response other then maybe a custom job.

Any further help would be great.

JAG

Posts: 510 | Location: Hood River, OR | Registered: 08 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If there is space to see the open sights underneath, plus the windage, suggests they are German. And are they actually 1" (25.4mm) which is an American size, or 26mm (German)?

Posts: 1233 | Registered: 25 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JAG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vigillinus:
If there is space to see the open sights underneath, plus the windage, suggests they are German. And are they actually 1" (25.4mm) which is an American size, or 26mm (German)?

They actually measure 1.06" which is a hair over 26mm. That is not tightened down though.

As far as a opening, I guess it depends on the sights but yes you could see under them.

Any idea what they might have fit?

JAG

one of us
Picture of JAG
posted Hide Post
btt
Thanks!

JAG

one of us
posted Hide Post
Undoubtedly German.

Posts: 1233 | Registered: 25 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JAG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vigillinus:
Undoubtedly German.

Anyone recognize the dovetail measurements?

JAG

one of us
Picture of JAG
posted Hide Post
BTT one more time!

JAG

One of Us
posted Hide Post
your rings are definitely german make. they may have been made by AKAH or a proprietary maker such as sempert & krieghoff.

they are an old style which was obsoleted due to the lack of a really secure lock up of these slide on systems. if they really lock up real tight then you cannot get them off quickly !!

i have an o/u double rifle that originally had this type of set up and was replaced by claw mounts.

as for scope mounting when detachability is wanted, --nothing, repeat nothing --beats the original suhler claw mount.

you can buy a cheaper mount system , but NOT a better one than the claw mount.

you can make the one piece rail to mount your rings on quite easily if you want to use them .

these work best on low recoiling rifles - same applies to all slide on mounts.

i used to collect german mounts & scopes for restoration projects and had over 300 pcs of old scope mounting parts.

TOMO577
DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 1144 | Location: west of erie, pa | Registered: 15 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JAG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tomo577:
your rings are definitely german make. they may have been made by AKAH or a proprietary maker such as sempert & krieghoff.

they are an old style which was obsoleted due to the lack of a really secure lock up of these slide on systems. if they really lock up real tight then you cannot get them off quickly !!

i have an o/u double rifle that originally had this type of set up and was replaced by claw mounts.

as for scope mounting when detachability is wanted, --nothing, repeat nothing --beats the original suhler claw mount.

you can buy a cheaper mount system , but NOT a better one than the claw mount.

you can make the one piece rail to mount your rings on quite easily if you want to use them .

these work best on low recoiling rifles - same applies to all slide on mounts.

i used to collect german mounts & scopes for restoration projects and had over 300 pcs of old scope mounting parts.

Thanks for the info. One of the rings cross bars has a flat and seems to me it would lock down solid once the lever was turned to position. Do you know if this is a type of base you could still find?

JAG