New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gunsmith recomedation needed for mauser 22-250
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a military mauser action barreled to 22-250. I have had two gunsmiths work on it, with no luck. I was going to scrap the project altogether, but once I got a cope mounted, the darned thing shoots tiny little groups.

With what I have in it now, I could have and shoot have just bought a remmy or any of the other good shooting rifles out there, but what would the fun be in that.

the gun has a timney trigger installed, and when the bolt is operated smartly, as a bolt gun shoud, the bolt stop will not engage and the bolt closed with the firing pin against the primer, uncocked.

the other problem is feeding. Feeds rounds two through four just fine. Feeds number one pretty well, but has never feed the last round out of the mag. I have tried the block in the back and a block in the front, and neither feed right.

I would like a recommendation from a gunsmith that has had sucess getting a mauser to feed 22-250 reliable. If he has turned water to hoppes #9, that would be a plus!

Friends don't let friends use see through scope mounts!

Posts: 130 | Location: Alpharetta, GA, USA | Registered: 04 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have been dealing with Kevin Weaver for the past few years and can not say enough about him! Hs work is top notch, he is honest as the day is long and his prices are very reasonable.
Here is his web site:
http://www.weaverrifles.com/
If you do contact him, please tell him Mark at MJW Customs says "Hi!"

Posts: 352 | Location: NJ | Registered: 24 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ElCaballero
posted Hide Post
Roy Watson 417-394-2526. You are talking his specialty. He has made countless varmit rifles in 22-250 on VZ-24 actions.

As a general rule, people are nuts!
spinksranch.com

Posts: 2095 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote