THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Anyone know a shooter or famous person named MCLALLEN?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone know a shooter or famous person named MCLALLEN?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I guess part of the fun of getting old and buying stuff by the handfuls is that after a few years you forget you bought it.

At any rate, going through piles of pistol cases today and found a beautifully 100% engraved Smith 18 .22 by Arnold Griebel. On the bottom of trigger guard engraved in gold is MCLALLEN, who I assume was the original owner. Gun was manufactured in 1962.

The only one I've found so far is Wally Mclallen who was a director of Remington. It might be him (and I don't have any idea how to contact him to find out if it was his pistol?) but I thought I'd take a long shot and see if anyone knew of any others? Any help would be appreciated.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You must have a ton of guns.

Posts: 1288 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Waaay too many.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Contact S&W, they should be able to give you some history on the gun.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote