THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    I need a little help with a Novak sight cut on a Hi Power

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I need a little help with a Novak sight cut on a Hi Power
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a Browning HP with a messed up rear sight dovetail. It has been recut in the past for an MMC sight, but the dovetail is not straight or level. Plus the edges have been peened to tighten the fit. The whole thing is just butt-ugly.

A Novak cut will clean up the mess and I've seen pictures of HPs with Novak sights, but what do you do with the firing pin stop plate? On a 1911 it's no problem. On the HP, the stop plate is only .050 below the top of the slide. Do I simply cut the top of the plate off to be level with the bottom of the Novak cut?

I hope someone here has been-there-done-that.

Mark Pursell

Posts: 545 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: 21 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
Yes, just shorten it but make sure the hammer will clear the sight

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2944 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks John. I'll check the hammer clearance.

Mark Pursell

Posts: 545 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: 21 January 2003Reply With Quote