New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unertl and Weaver scope work
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Wally Seibert was just on BR.com and said he was doing Unertl and Weaver work. hwseib@yahoo.com. This will give you an option.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chisana
posted Hide Post
Bill Ackerman of Optical Services Company also does great work on Weavers and I believe Unertl's also. Hard to beat Wally though. Very talented individual.

NRA Life Member
GOA Life Member
Distinguished Rifleman
President's Hundred

Posts: 390 | Location: Juneau, Alaska | Registered: 11 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey guys that know about getting old weavers worked on.

I have 6 old weaver scopes that came on '50s vintage rifles I have bought. All the weaver scopes are in great condition except 4 of them have foggy lenses.

What do these scope rpair guys do just unsrcrew and clean the lenses/replace the rubber o rings?

I have a 3x weaver that has nice clear glass. It was in a side mount ring set that you had to unscrew the eye piece and slide the scope into the rings . Did these old weavers just have room air inside or were they originaly filled with nitrogen/

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Chisana,
Bill Ackerman is no longer in business. On an earlier thread somebody mentioned the name of a place in Okla. that bought Bill's stuff and was doing Weaver. They purged them with nitrogen as they do today, but most scopes leak it out in short order.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yep , just called Bill A. and he does not work on weaver scopes

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chisana
posted Hide Post
Too bad about Bill Ackerman. He did some nice work on a couple of Weaver T16s for me a few years ago and was running an ad in Precision Shooting pretty recently.

NRA Life Member
GOA Life Member
Distinguished Rifleman
President's Hundred

Posts: 390 | Location: Juneau, Alaska | Registered: 11 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill worked on old Weavers, but not the new ones made in Japan.
Butch, thanks for the info on Wally working on Unertl's. I have a Unertl 1 1/2" 24x target scope, and may need some future work on it.

Don

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchlambert:
Chisana,
Bill Ackerman is no longer in business. On an earlier thread somebody mentioned the name of a place in Okla. that bought Bill's stuff and was doing Weaver. They purged them with nitrogen as they do today, but most scopes leak it out in short order.
Butch

Butch,

Wasn't that thread about a guy in Oklahoma buying Frank Ruiz repair parts? Frank was the man in El Paso who did the old Weaver scope repair.

Don

one of us
posted Hide Post
Don, you got it right. But, Ackerman just returned an old Weaver scope, that I had sent him, along with a note saying that he does not repair old Weaver scopes.

Posts: 868 | Location: maryland | Registered: 25 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eddieharren:
Don, you got it right. But, Ackerman just returned an old Weaver scope, that I had sent him, along with a note saying that he does not repair old Weaver scopes.

Eddie,
Good info! thumb Thanks
By the way, the die arrived yesterday. It's just like new. Thanks for the speedy delivery, as always.

Don

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 156 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 24 March 2004Reply With Quote