Find
Notify
Tools

converting BDL to ADL vice versa
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of todbartell
posted
I have a m700 mtn rifle with the BDL floorplate. I am converting it into an ADL stock. What all do I need to get to do this?

I think it's the ADL mag box with the lil screw and a trigger guard. Am I correct?

Also, what would it take to convert an ADL 223 to a BDL stock? A floorplate assembly and magazine box?

thanks in advance Smiler

Posts: 857 | Location: BC, Canada | Registered: 03 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
todbartell-

You are correct, in both directions.

The mag boxes are slightly different depthwise, and the obvious bottom metal issue.

Otherwise, the actions are identical...

one of us
Picture of todbartell
posted Hide Post
thanks alot Big Grin

Posts: 857 | Location: BC, Canada | Registered: 03 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Freebird_AL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Also, what would it take to convert an ADL 223 to a BDL stock? A floorplate assembly and magazine box?

You won't even need the magazine box and leave the screw in for the magazine box thats on the ADL. Just the floorplate assembly is all you need.

Wouldn't you know it! Some smart ass punk from Colorado stirring up shtuff...DaMan! homer Dumbman

Posts: 2590 | Location: LA | Registered: 04 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I put a BDL in an ADL synthetic stock, seems like it was mostly a carving job to make the magazine fit. I also use the same rifle in an old single-shot 40X stock, with a plate underneath where the magazine would ordinarily be.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14597 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of todbartell
posted Hide Post
I tried sticking my ADL 223 Rem into a BDL mtn rifle laminate today. When I got the action/mag box to fit, I couldn't fit the floorplate in, the magazine box sat too deep. I'd like to stick my 223 into this stock but I don't really want to grind the mag box off. My 260 Rem mtn rifle w/mag box fits fine of course.

How can I remedy this?

thanks