Find
Notify
Tools

Fun G33/40 Mauser Action
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted
Smiler I just picked up a sporterized G33/40 with zero pitting, and only two holes in the side of the rear bridge for a receiver sight. The fun thing is that when I pulled it out of the wood, I found that it had been engraved on the side of the magazine box with who picked it up, where, and on what date. It still wears the original 8mm military barrel, but I am thinking about having it rebarreled to .257 Roberts and having Talley bases installed. The stock on the rifle is actually a well done classic style with a reasonably nice piece of wood. The bolt has a new handle already, that will clear a scope.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3832 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
Sounds very cool..... BUT WE NEED PICS!!

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Too bad that it was sporterized. It would be worth a small fortune with that pravinance.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote