New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brno 21/22 7x57 throat length
 Login/Join

<slancey>
posted
I've got an original Brno 21H in 7x57, the late model with double square bridges. How long is the factory throat length? Can one seat the shorter bullets, say Speer 145gr, close to the lands?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have the same rifle, great gun by the way, but these were made to shoot 175 gr. bullets. In my experience I have been able to shoot the longer 150's like an accubond or more of the premium bullets. These seem to shoot well in my rifle. Others may have a different report but this works for me.

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back - Robert Ruark

Posts: 966 | Location: Northwest Iowa | Registered: 10 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of .404
posted Hide Post
You can load up on them with 160gr Nosler Partions.I have the same gun as well.This has been it's killing load for 10 years...

I pray for mud on my boots the day I die...
Go see the nights of Africa.....

Posts: 208 | Location: back home in the Tarheel state | Registered: 16 July 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
I get good accuracy with 160s in my 21-H and ZG-47s. Actually not bad with 140s either.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote