THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Anyone Have a Cocking Piece for a M98 They Can Spare?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone Have a Cocking Piece for a M98 They Can Spare?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of wildcat junkie
posted
I swapped out a 3 position Model 70 type safety to my VZ500 from a J P Saeur action.

The cocking piece W/the 3 pos safety had been altered & would not work on the VZ500 but the OEM cocking piece works just fine.

Here'e the problem.

The modified cocking piece would not work on the J P Sauer action utilizing the Bueler type wing safety W/O grinding the front face of the cocking piece @ the top. The sear engagement face had been machined back.

I managed to do this, but I would much rather have a standard G I cocking piece. The striker fall has been shortened nearly 1/8" & I don't think that will have sufficient energy for reliable primer ignition. Also, the safety, although it pulls back the cocking piece off the sear connector, doesn't have a very stiff engagement like the original application on the VZ500 action. It will be far too easy to inadvertantly be taken off safe.

e-gunparts has them for about $7 but I'm sure the shiping will cost more than that.

Does anyone have a decent extra 98 cocking piece lying around?

I would be willing to pay $7 & whatever parcel post (cheapest) shipping would be.

GOOGLE HOTLINK FIX FOR BLOCKED PHOTOBUCKET IMAGES https://chrome.google.com/webs...inkfix=1516144253810

Posts: 2440 | Location: Northern New York, WAY NORTH | Registered: 04 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
WC
I have an extra, shoot me a PM with your postal address.
Bob