New
Find
Notify
Tools

Redfield scope warranty
 Login/Join

<Dyno>
posted
I have a Redfield 3x9 scope purchased back in 1965 that needs warranty work to correct a windage adj. problem. I am the original owner but no longer have the receipts for some of my purchases back then. The Redfield warranty on there website says it is to the original owner,which I am but cannot prove it.

My question is do you think Redfield will repair my scope without this proof ?

Best,Dyno

one of us
posted Hide Post
Dyno - Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I asked the 'new' Redfield about warranty repairs and what follows is what I received from them:

"Dear Redfield Customer:

Yes, Redfield is back! We are excited about the opportunity to regain long-standing customers. When the original Redfield Company went out of business Blount, Inc. purchased the Redfield “name and designs” and the opportunity to trademark new Redfield product. We are currently introducing new Redfield optics and you may visit the Redfield website at www.redfieldoptics.com The new parts for these models are not interchangeable with any of the optics manufactured by the original Redfield Company in Colorado.

We have continued manufacturing the rings and bases as they were originally at our facility in Onalaska, WI they can be reached at

1-(800) 635-7656.

We are unable to repair the old Redfield products because we do not have the parts. However, we can offer you a trade-in on your old Redfield product for a new Redfield product of your choice. If you would like to take advantage of this offer we would be happy to send you a catalog along with a price sheet for your review. Give us your address and we will mail this out to you as soon as possible.

If you have any further questions regarding the new Redfield products please contact our Technical Service Department at 1-800-285-0689, Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm eastern standard time.

Thank you,

Technical Service Department "

I heard rumors that there was a place in FL (?) that was handling warranty work, but I have yet to find it. Hopefully someone here may have more info. [Frown]

Posts: 714 | Location: Sorexcuse, NY | Registered: 14 February 2002Reply With Quote
<Dyno>
posted
Smallcal ,
Thanks for the helpful info on Redfield. Yes it is a sad case for me especially since most of my scopes are Redfield. Well I guess the only thing I have left in this is a nice paper weight with many good memories.

Thanks again for the helpful info.
Dyno

<ol crip>
posted
Dyno, there is hope for your scope (hey that rymes). I had my scope repaired in florida by some outfit whose name I can't remember. Some one on this forum might have it stored some where.
I beleive it cost me $27.00 and it is like brand new. Anybody remember the people that do the Redfield repairs? [Smile]

[ 06-26-2002, 21:11: Message edited by: ol crip ]

<Dyno>
posted
ol crip ,
Thanks for news on Redfield repair service. I guess there may still be hope. The scope still looks good but I may have second thoughts about
paying for repairs as it could break again 6 mos
later.
Get this for a double whammy. After learning
that all of my Redfield scopes have no warranty I started thinking about my Lyman Supertarget Spot
purchased on a new Browning 22-250 in 1965.
Well guess what, on the Lyman website they say they no longer make scopes and give an address for paid repairs. The good news is that this scope
still sits on that same Browning 22-250 on its
Lyman floating scope mount and works perfectly.
I guess the joke in on me,I may as well laugh because that is about all I can do.

Thanks,Dyno

one of us
posted Hide Post
Found this on another site...............

To all concerned, I sent Redfield a email . I have a answer but it's a real crock of Bull. "If your scope is made in the USA it's no longer under warranty since Redfield Co. went out of business in 1997".However if repair is needed you can contact Mike Sexton in Tulsa OK,(918) 445-2286

Then found this info about a company that repairs redfields.

ABO (USA), INC.
2653 NW 20th St.
Miami, FL 33142
Tel: (305) 860-4858 Warranty Service Info
Tel: (305) 859-2010 Customer Service
Fax: (305) 372-8616

Good Luck and let us know what you find out.

RJS

Posts: 210 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 03 August 2001Reply With Quote
<ol crip>
posted
[Wink] Dyno, RJS hit the right nail. ABO in Miami florida is the outfit that did my 6-18 Redfield and I am so tickled with their work that I am going to send my Weatherby 2.5-10X to them to clean and reseal. They do fine work and made me happy. The gal on the phone has an oriental accent but gets the job done. $27.00 is not much maintanence to pay on a good scope after 37 years. You will be pleased with their work. [Smile]

<ol crip>
posted
[Wink] Dyno, RJS hit the right nail. ABO in Miami florida is the outfit that did my 6-18 Redfield and I am so tickled with their work that I am going to send my Weatherby 2.5-10X to them to clean and reseal. They do fine work and made me happy. The gal on the phone has an oriental accent but gets the job done. $27.00 is not much maintanence to pay on a good scope after 37 years. You couldn't replace the quality of your old Redfield for that kind of money. You will be pleased with their work. [Smile]

RJS,

thanks for finding the ABO info. I lost all that info when my puter crashed last time. [Wink]

<Dyno>
posted
RJS,
The address and phone number will help a great deal. You are right it is a crock.
Thanks , Dyno

ol crip,
Thanks for the first hand advice on ABO,I guess I'll just have give it a little thought on going ahead with repairs.
Thanks , Dyno

[ 06-29-2002, 04:03: Message edited by: Dyno ]