Find
Notify
Tools

Sauer 200 Lux
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of cordell
posted
Where can I obtain information regarding extra barrels, and caliber options for the Sauer 200 rifle? Also any input on this model would be greatly appreciated. Take care and God bless.

cordell

Posts: 336 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 09 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
The 202 is the updated model of the 200. The barels for one will fit the other. I don`t kow for sure who is handling the import of Sauer today but when I checked in for my M200 it was the Paul Co. The importer should be able to help you with manuals and barrels availiblity. Be aware the bolt and magazine will also need swapping with certain barrel / cartridge changes. IE; a 30-06 swap to a 7MM rem Mag

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
You will also need to watch out for long & short chambered barrels; the 308/243 barrels require a different bolt than the 270/30-06 (although they share a commmon action size) and they are no longer available from Sauer for the 200. And I am pretty sure that the the magnums (300/7MM/375) have their own action size that has a larger diameter bolt, too. You are pretty much stuck staying with the class cartidge your gun originally came in.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cordell
posted Hide Post
Hi ol'joe and tiggertate,
Thanks for the quick response to my post. The rifle I am looking at is a .270 and I was hoping that a larger caliber such as the 9.3X62 was one of the calibers that the 200 came in. As I understand it the 200 came in 2 actions small and medium and was offered in 15 calibers from .243 to .375, but I can't find a list of what was offered. ol'joe were you able to get in touch with The Paul Co.? I can't find it on the net. You also mention that you have a 200 how do you like it? does it break down quickly, and have you had any problems with it? You mention the importer being able to help me with information, this is not an option as I am buying it used from an individual who has limited knowlege of the rifle If you guys should come up with anything else regarding the 200 please post it, I can use all the help I can get. Thanks again, take care and God bless.

cordell

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Cordell, try talking to Aleko at Heritage Arms, www.heritagearms.net I haven't bought anything from them yet, but I will. Aleko has been very nice to deal with in exchanging e-mails about Sauer gear, and I am thinking about buying a Blaser from them.
Good Luck--Don.

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
They still make a 9.3x62. The shoulder placement is different than the 270 so I would get a new magazine as well. Last year barrels were $450.00 retail and magazines around $45.00. With the Euro going up they're probably more now. You can get them from Sig-Arms USA or a Sig-Sauer dealer. You might find a better deal in the gun list if you're patient. I've been patient for about 6 years now .

Action sizes were standard and magnum. You could get right or left hand and there was a light weight model that had an aluminum receiver. I don't recall if the magnum came in aluminum and I can't say about 202s, either.

They are fantastic shooters. Removal is simple but not fast like a true take-down. You undo the forearm with a long allen screw through the tip and then remove 3 screws under the afront ring which releases clamping pressure around the barrel shank. Pull out the old barrel, in with the new and tighten all up. Takes about 5 minutes. Hex size is 5mm if you ever lose your factory allen wrench.

They are a light rifle and while my 270 barrel is joy to shoot, I had a 338-06 AI made up that is very noticable from the bench. You will notice a 9.3 for sure .

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cordell
posted Hide Post
Hi fish and tiggertate,
Thanks for the input! I just received an email from Chris Potter (Sauer Rep) in England and he advised that the 25-06, 30-06, 6.5X55, and 9.3X62 only required a barrel change however if I went to .308 etc, I would need to change the mag. fish, I will contact Heritage today and see what they have thanks for the address, and God bless. tiggertate, The 9.3X62 was exactly what I was looking for and at 7.7lbs I imagine it will indeed get your attention. I will double check on the mag, as I agree that the shoulder difference could come into play. Thanks again and I will keep you all posted. Take care and God bless.

cordell

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm the proud owner of about half a dozen Sauer�s in different styles and calibers and I guess I can help you out a bit.

First the action comes in 2 two sizes, standard and magnum. They are not interchangeable. One bolt for each size action except 22-250 and 243 who have their own bolt with only three lugs.

You can have barrels in everything from 25-06 up to 9,3x62 in an STD including 308 with the same bolt and action. You may want to buy a dedicated 308 magazine though.

In the USA go to www.sigarms.com where you under downloads will find the various barrels available for your action.

All barrels will fit all 200 and 202 actions. If you are an avid Sauer owner you will also buy a 22 Lr set made for the SSG 300 and turn the barrel down. That way you can shoot 22 with the same rifle, scope and trigger as you use for hunting.

What I consider the ultimate set up in an STD Sauer is a 6,5x55 barrel match with a 9,3 barrel. The Swedish for everything up to and including deer, the 9,3 from there and up.

I have owned and shot with at least 20 different Sauer�s and I have yet to see one that does not shot less than 1/2Moa with the right ammo. They are usually not finicky at all and shoot about anything within 1" at 100m.

Great guns!!
Good luck with your barrel shopping

Posts: 118 | Location: Norway | Registered: 02 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the clarification. I knew the 243 wouldn't work on a 30-06 because I bought one (cheap) unfired from the internet only to find out it wouldn't work on my rifle. Glad to hear the 308 will.