Find
Notify
Tools

light weight stock for win 375h&h
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of TheSilverFox
posted
I would like to lighten my m70 375 h&h Safari express without extreme modifications. No machining etc...

So i think that starting of with a lighter stock seems to be the cheapest way to go for now.

Does anybody have recommendations.

Posts: 60 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 23 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Call Corelane Sports in Dawson Creek, B.C. and they can install a synthetic stock made in Alberta by Wildcat. These are very good stocks and you are keeping the business here in Canada, which our economy needs!

Posts: 1379 | Location: British Columbia | Registered: 02 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lightest, strongest? I have an MPI on my 375 H&H. Very expensive, but I had my gun done as a complete package so I don't know the price of the stock. Plus it must be fitted and painted. A thought. I had the gun built about 3 years ago and has held up well and shoots great. Weighs in around six pounds, scope and all, but shoots like an 06 on steroids.

Posts: 115 | Location: Woodlawn Tennessee | Registered: 30 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Just a data point:

My SS Mod. 70 .375 H&H barreled action weighed 5.75 lbs. So now you know how much a stock needs to weigh to get to your final desired weight.

Posts: 19369 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote