New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help me play, "Name That Stock"?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am working on a rifle trade and I am not sure the make of the stock on the rifle I am trying to trade for. The store owner says the rifle's previous owner said it was Kevlar and that is all he knows.

I have some pic's, let's see if we can determine the make visually from the attached photos?

Posts: 259 | Location: Carolina | Registered: 11 September 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
The open grip looks like that on my Brown Precision stocks, but I don't remember them offering a schnabel fore-end tip.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My first impression was Brown Precision as well. Haven't seen the texturing or the Schnabel though.

NoCAL

Posts: 167 | Location: Woodland, CA USA | Registered: 11 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

I would name it "Bert".

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Badboyz
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butt(stock)Ugly???

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
It looks like an old Gentry featherweight stock. Dave use to make complete lightweight rifles and sold stocks as well. You might want to check with him to see if he can give any identifying details. If it is one of his, it's a good one!
John

posted Hide Post
I have a Question a little off topic but how do you attach photos to your post??
Camk

Posts: 15 | Location: manitoba Canada | Registered: 08 January 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
is it a soft shell? it looks like a hogue to me, but i never saw one with the exact featehrweight copy

Posts: 39633 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Cam, down in the technology section there was an instructional post on posting pictures. You may have to do a search. - Dan

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It may be a McMillan fiberglass stock they used to offer. Without knowing the technology that is my guess. I have one myself and it is butugly.

Posts: 2608 | Location: Moore, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
cam300,

Posting Pics

Regards,

Terry

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think you should really read Chic's signature line!
A rifle like that it the vision that popped into my mind when I first read it a couple of years ago.
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"

Posts: 358 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 15 March 2001Reply With Quote