New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stock for Montana Rifle
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have just heard from Montana rifle that my barreled action is done, I would like to find a stock for it, does anyone have any sugestions?

This is in a 338 Lapua Cal.

One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
Richards Microfit Stocks!

http://www.rifle-stocks.com/actions_available.htm

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
bluemule 1, I am a big fan of the Serengeti Stockwork guys, and they work closely with Montana often. They may be a little on the pricey side when all is said and done, but check them out. They have done several projects for me, and all were great jobs, plus they're just really nice folks!

Regards--Don

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Accurate Innovations offers drop in stocks in right and correct handed models.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12711 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
Serengeti also has a much more affordable drop-in for the MRC too. Not as nice as their custom jobs but none ever are.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11142 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I ordered a McMillan for mine. $435 shipped to my door including the deceralator pad.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
Since I ordered a custom barrel profile and I like more classic English and Euro lines, I will be finding another stockmaker mayself.

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluemule1:
I have just heard from Montana rifle that my barreled action is done, I would like to find a stock for it, does anyone have any sugestions?

This is in a 338 Lapua Cal.

If you go with Serengeti you want even need to ship the rifle. They will just drive over and pick it up from MCR do everthing you want then take it back to MCR in a hard case for shipping to your FFL. They can do a lot of extras: Ex crossbolts; work on the action; trigger adjustments; Serecote the barreled action; add sights. They have at least 6 different standard styles of stocks plus they will modify them and as one other poster has indicated you can get a finished drop in that is at a much lower price but I think it is avaliable only in a right-hand model. If you are not looking for wood, I sent a barreled action to Lone Wolf which is also in Montana and I was pleased with their work. It is a very light stock but they have others as I don't think you are looking for light with a 338 Lapua

Posts: 595 | Location: camdenton mo | Registered: 16 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fish30114:
bluemule 1, I am a big fan of the Serengeti Stockwork guys, and they work closely with Montana often. They may be a little on the pricey side when all is said and done, but check them out. They have done several projects for me, and all were great jobs, plus they're just really nice folks!

Regards--Don

Just wondering if you are the eye doctor I hunted with in 04 in Montana with Larry and Rod?

Posts: 595 | Location: camdenton mo | Registered: 16 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Army Aviator, you missed me by one year. I hunted at the Belknap Indian reservation with Rod last year. I had a great hunt, took 5 goats, and a badger! They are just great guys, and do really great work.

Maybe we'll encounter on another hunt some day.

Regards--Don

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
On top of what Montana lists on the website, maybe everyone could post here who they know either have patterns to make stocks for the LA and SA Monatana, or stockmakers that have made stocks for these actions?

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Fellas, I stocked my MRC action in a Borden Rimrock stock. Good fit, minimal work. But, it cries out for the warmth of wood and my next project will be carving a decent hunk of Bastogne into a stock for it. If I remember correctly, it was $350 unpainted. Oh, my MRC was a long action (.375 Taylor).

MKane160

You can always make more money, you can never make more time...........LLYWD. Have you signed your donor card yet?

Posts: 488 | Location: TN | Registered: 03 January 2004Reply With Quote