New
Find
Notify
Tools

stainless model 70 push feed???
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Did winchester ever make a stainless model 70 push feed action rifle?

Posts: 1499 | Location: NE Okla | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes. I've seen one anyway. It was a 7mm Rem. Mag. in a brown Win-Tuff featherweight stock and boy was it pretty!!! But the rifle alone weighed 8 pounds.

Posts: 1739 | Location: alabama | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
my dads got one in 30-06. the stock is the only weak point of the rifle. it needs a good laminate.

Posts: 159 | Location: Saskatchewan  | Registered: 14 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of triggerguard1
posted Hide Post
They probaly made somewhere around 60,000 of them or more before they went to the classic design.

Posts: 1021 | Location: Prineville, OR 97754 | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys.....I was looking at a stainless model 70 on an auction and couldn't tell from the photos if it was controlled or push feed.....turns out, it is a controlled feed.

Posts: 1499 | Location: NE Okla | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 6.5BR
posted Hide Post
The one I bought, was as Push Feed stainless 30-06, FEATHERWEIGHT, told by a gunsmith only 200-300 or so were made, '06 and 270, sold to my then bro-n-law who I doubt ever fired it either, likely still in box, finish looked exceptional, likely will shoot very well, if it were taken out......maybe should have kept it, but never an '06 fan.....as good a round it is, recoil....

Oh, I found mine at a local story for a typical price, but the gunsmith guy bought ALL the wholesaler had, selling for like 1500-2000 a piece! About 10-12 years ago now.

Posts: 2898 | Registered: 25 September 2005Reply With Quote