THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Won the lottery.......well sort of......
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted
At first glance this stock in its blank form did nothing for me. Matter of fact I really didnt care for it period. I quickly changed my mind once I took it off the duplicator. Its a piece of turkish I took in on trade a while ago. It cut incredibly well. I just put the first soaker coat of finish on the stock. Thought you guys might like to see a picture or two.

Posts: 1268 | Location: Newell, SD, USA | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well William....I gotta say WOW. Not so much for the stick (although it did turn out very nice) but the 'shop'!! I'm guessin' that is the stock you told me about? Did she tell you to get going on it or did you just have to get some chips on the floor to make yourself feel moved in? Wink Therapy? I'm thinkin' that is going to be one nice rifle!!

one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted Hide Post
Jim,

Thats the one. Im trying to get it ready for antelope season. Looks like I will make it. The "shop" isnt much but truth be told....I really dont need much more room to work.

Posts: 1268 | Location: Newell, SD, USA | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Bill, nice looking piece of turkish. thumb

sofaWhere did you find a Neon Yellow recoil pad?

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Love the grain flow through the wrist....

AllanD

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bill, nice looking piece of turkish.

Where did you find a Neon Yellow recoil pad?

Nice stick,

Jeez Hog Killer, you don't get around much. That is the new OSHA mandated recoil pad. It has small lettering that says, "If you are close enough to read this: take the stock off your nose and put it against your shoulder."

LD

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted Hide Post
Its masking tape guys. Actually bright green. Smiler

one of us
Picture of Jim White
posted Hide Post
Mr. Soverns, I've heard it said that a clean desk/work area is a sign of a sick mind. Judging from your desk/work area I'd say you are one squared away dude! Jim

99% of the democrats give the rest a bad name.

"O" = zero

NRA life member

Posts: 730 | Location: Prescott, AZ | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted Hide Post
Okay okay...you shamed me into it......I cleaned my bench.

sofa