Find
Notify
Tools

Rem. 700 Mountain Rifle Stock Replacement
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Quarter Round
posted
I have a Rem. 700 Mountain rifle in a long action with detachable magazine and would like to purchase a quality synthetic drop in stock. Appreciate recommendations.

<RVB>
posted
Well, If you like the feel of the Mountain Rifle Stock (and what's not to like! Just about the best stock configuration around), you can simply replace it with a fiberglass version from McMillian. Their stocks are excellent and just about drop ins, athough bedding should be done.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Quarter Round:
I have a Rem. 700 Mountain rifle in a long action with detachable magazine and would like to purchase a quality synthetic drop in stock. Appreciate recommendations.

I have a spare stock from a Rem 30-06 Titanium. I'm pretty sure the barrel contour is the same as the Mtn. Rifle barrel and the stock weighs nearly nothing(carbon/Kevlar construction). The downside is that it in ADL configuration to same weight. If you're intersted in it, drop me an e-mail at john.lyngdal@tek.com

Posts: 938 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 23 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Quarter Round
posted Hide Post
RVBYes, I like the configuration of the Mtn. rifle stock and would like to replace it with something close to those dimensions.

>>Johnly, I prefer not to got to the trouble of fitting a detachable magazine action to stock inletted for a blind magazine. Thanks for the offer.

[ 11-24-2003, 23:54: Message edited by: Quarter Round ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
.25 round,
Damn, I was in the market for a replacement walnut stock just last year for mine. Looked all over then finally had to get one from Remington. About $400 if I remember right. Seems like McMillian didn't have the detachable mag stock at that time. Wish we could have worked out a deal back then. Why did I need a new stock you ask? First attempt at glass bedding......'nuf sed!

good luck, NoCAL

Posts: 167 | Location: Woodland, CA USA | Registered: 11 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Try MPI Stocks for a hand layed glass stock. Doc probably has the one you want in stock, if not he'll put it together. I've had one of his stocks for over 20 years and it's been perfect from day one.

Posts: 12711 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote