New
Find
Notify
Tools

stock recommendation?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a Ruger 22-250 model 77 tang safety with varmint barrel that I bought 32 years ago. I was 16 and it is first rifle that I ever bought myself. Still a very accurate rifle with my handloads, killed a heckuva lot of varmints with it. I'd like to replace the wood stock with a synthetic, don't want to spend a fortune. Just something to drop it in and bed. Any suggestions or recommendations?
Thanks, Jeff

one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.rifle-accuracy.com/carbelite.htm

#5032__ Ruger M77 Short Action

Fits tang safety model, ccan be modified to accept up to #3 barrel contour.

Posts: 3780 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 375fan:
I have a Ruger 22-250 model 77 tang safety with varmint barrel that I bought 32 years ago. I was 16 and it is first rifle that I ever bought myself. Still a very accurate rifle with my handloads, killed a heckuva lot of varmints with it. I'd like to replace the wood stock with a synthetic, don't want to spend a fortune. Just something to drop it in and bed. Any suggestions or recommendations?
Thanks, Jeff

I don't have a source for your stock but found it funny that I own a similar rifle and bought it in 1976 when I was 15, still have that rifle although I rebarreled it (stayed 22/250).
I see that Cabela's has Bell&Carlson stocks for $169.99 for your rifle in black or tan spiderweb pattern.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote