Find
Notify
Tools

Imagestation photo album of completed SCI rifle
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Scrollcutter
posted
You guys are probably sick of hearing about this rifle, but here's a link to my photo album. The engraving is completed and Chic will pick up the rifle tomorrow. By the way this rifle goes on the auction block on the 21st of this month at the San Diego SCI show.

SD SCI 2004 photo album

Posts: 1634 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Roger, you have a private message.

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of gsp
posted Hide Post
Roger, excellent!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Very pretty work indeed! Do you work for fish by any chance? Would you consider being my workshop slave?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful work as always Mr Kehr. Would it be possible to add an image of your treatment of the top of the bolt stop/ejector housing?

For those of us who won't be able to see the completed project, it is just great to be able to see these images.

Thanks again,

Roger

Posts: 71 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Scrollcutter
posted Hide Post
I didn't do any engraving to the ejector housing.

Digital Dan: Sorry, I've already been spoken for.

Posts: 1634 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
<Guest>
posted
Roger

that scrollwork on the safety is just marvelous, and as I noted before, the nic and dot on the grip cap is really nice too.

I am curious as to who did the metal work on that action.

Blue

one of us
posted Hide Post
Roger - Breathtaking! I really like that the lettering on the left sidewall was retained. It's nice to see the "origin" of that Mauser action. Is that by chance a Dakota bolt knob?

Posts: 1366 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Scrollcutter
posted Hide Post
Sorry guys, I don't know who did what. I think Mark Straton did the mounts. I did the polish. I know Chic did some of the metal work plus the stockwork.

Chic is the guy that put this project together. Maybe he will see this post and answer for me.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Roger, at 7:30 the ol guy's probably sleepin but he did say he would be at your house at 9:00 AM I am bringing a dribble bib so I don't drool all over your work

Posts: 1605 | Location: Wa. State | Registered: 19 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Each part by itself is absolutely marvelous. Taken tokegther it is breathtaking.

Posts: 513 | Location: MO | Registered: 14 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Guy's I just got back from spending a few hours with scrollcutter and customstox and looking and drooling all over item's by each men. First off, the SCI gun that Roger and Chic have worked on along with others is a masterpiece.
Then Chic brings out the auction gun that is being finished and I must say I'm wanting to buy all of the tickets
All I can say is pictures are nice but nothing compared to holding and touching work by these two men.
Thanks to both of you for letting me be there today.

PS extra thanks to Chic for not bringing Howard and Roger, I'm ready for the pain of that 505

Posts: 1605 | Location: Wa. State | Registered: 19 November 2001Reply With Quote
<Guest>
posted
Dammit Jimmy, you get all of the fun. Buy a ticket for me, will you.

Blue

one of us
posted Hide Post
blue, words just can't describe these projects. I would urge anyone considering work by either man, Do it Now!!!!!!!

I came home and told the wifey of my new project, I didn't get a NO but it will cost me.

one of us
Picture of Scrollcutter
posted Hide Post
Jimmyd223

Thanks for the kind words and I'm glad you came down.