Find
Notify
Tools

Brno ZKK trigger? Scope Base?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted
Just acquired a very nice condition Brno ZKK-600 Mauser in 7.62x63, with the pop-up peep in the rear bridge. Unfortunately, it has the optional single-set trigger installed, rather than the single-stage trigger. I know each rifle came with both triggers...one installed, and the other in a felt draw-string pouch. Usually, it was the single-stage trigger that was installed, and the purchaser had to take the rifle out of the stock and install the set trigger if that was what he preferred to use. As this rifle was bought 4th hand, somewhere in the process the set-trigger was installed and the conventional single-stage trigger "un-appeared".

Unfortunately, I have never cared for this particular set-trigger design. Anyone know where I might be able to buy or trade for the conventional trigger? I'd gladly trade the set trigger and a little "boot" for the single-stage conventional trigger.

Also would appreciate any suggestions as to scope base(s) fitting the Brno ZKK dovetails. Would prefer to have a 1-piece base, but would appreciate info on ANY bases that would fit.

Muchas gracias...

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of safari_hunter
posted Hide Post
Can't help you with your trigger problem, but Lynx makes a 1 piece mount to suit your rifle.

Lynx site

I'm not aware of other makers of 1 piece mounts for your ZKK.

Talley and Warne make two piece mounts that would fit.

Posts: 89 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 15 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
I prefer the standard trigger too. I purchased one on ebay.
As far as mounts, the only one-piece types I know of are Zeiss-Jena rail mounts and original aluminum Brnos (scarce). Recknagel (Germany, part of Prechtl) may make a one-piece. Otherwise I would go with 2-piece Warnes or Talleys:

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, guys.My 7x57 ZKK 600 had a machined solid steel original Czech 1-piece base with a 2.5-X Meopta scope in it. It slid onto both dovetails, from the butt end of the receiver, and was held securely in place by tightening two small knobs on the right hand side of the base. Was a fine rig, with which I killed my first Alberta moose in 1969. I don't ever actually expect to find another, but I can hope. Will try looking at the German makers mentioned to see what they have.

Hate to have to mill my own, but guess I could do that too...

Just out of curiosity, what heading and category did you find that ZKK trigger under, on eBay? Would dearly like to find one myself.

Thanks again, eh (y'all).

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
quote:
Alberta Canuck: what heading and category did you find that ZKK trigger under, on eBay?

"brno"

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have one of those Meopta scopes on the rail mount, sitting on a 21H-7mm in my safe. I never use this rig and just bought it because I like old Brnos, I think I've shot it twice.

I am keeping the rifle,but, would part with the scope for a fair price, IF, I don't have to deal with bullshit import regs. established by the U.S. government. If, someone wants this and can get it into wherever, make me a reasonable offer or tell me if you may be in/around Vancouver, B.C. and it's yours. I have other Brno stuff as well. I'm not into trades as I want to reduce my gun collection.

Posts: 1379 | Location: British Columbia | Registered: 02 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kutenay -

Pleaze check your personal messages.