New
Find
Notify
Tools

Checkering services
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am just about finished with a stock and would like to get it checkered. Can anybody recommend someone to contact?
Its a walnut mauser stock.

Never rode a bull, but have shot some.

NRA life member
NRA LEO firearms instructor (retired)
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1510 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of browningguy
posted Hide Post
Sherry Abraham at http://www.checkering.com/ has a very good reputation and reasonble prices.I haven't used her yet but a couple of the AR members have.

Browningguy
Houston, TX
We Band of 45-70ers

Posts: 1242 | Location: Houston, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ALso :

Kathy Forster 503-236-5874

Pat Taylor 503-266-3685

It all depends on how much quality you want. These 2 ladies will do only top work. Of course, they charge accordingly. If you want lesser quality at a lesser price, you can try

Ahlman's

I have never seen their checkering "live and in the flesh" , but know people who used them and been happy with the result.

Posts: 2509 | Location: Kisatchie National Forest, LA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Chic Worthing who posts here under the handle of "CUSTOMSTOX." Absolutely great work. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of duikerman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marc_Stokeld:
If you want lesser quality at a lesser price, you can try

Ahlman's

I have never seen their checkering "live and in the flesh" , but know people who used them and been happy with the result.

I had a stock done at Ahlmans last year and it's pretty darn good. The price was reasonable as well.

Posts: 770 | Location: colorado | Registered: 11 August 2003Reply With Quote