New
Find
Notify
Tools

rifles inc. of texas
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
does anyone know about these guys??? are they as good as they seem??

Posts: 104 | Location: spokane washington | Registered: 08 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bluetick
posted Hide Post
I have spoken with Lex Weberneck(sp.)a couple of times over the phone,he seems like a nice guy and straight shooter. I have also handled a few of his rifles but never shot one. They are top notch quality in fit and finish. As far as I know he has a great reputation as a gun builder especially in the niche on ultra light rifles. There have been a few articles on his rifles over the years in the gun rags. Maybe you could do a search on g&a or shooting times web sites.

Posts: 773 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bluetick
posted Hide Post
I just noticed you are in Spokane. You are not far from Jim Dubell, Way don't you just take you rifle to him. Being a professional gun hacker I'm sure he'll be glad to swiss cheese it for you and through it in a u-gly plastic stock. Big Grin

All joking aside Jim has the skills necessary to make a "skeltonized" action just not sure if he will or not.

Any way good luck and welcome to AR.

Posts: 773 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There was a older gentleman at my range that had one. Its a plastic stock rifle and had lightening holes machined in the bolt handle, etc.

I asked him, Is that a remington action. Yep 7mmmag. He let me handle it. pretty light weight.

Not my cup of tea. But he seemed to be thrilled with it.

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
who is jim dubell?? sounds like i herd that name befor, is he from the colville area?

Posts: 104 | Location: spokane washington | Registered: 08 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
quote:
jim dubell

Delta Gun Shop in Colville WA excellent work and a great guy.

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hello yzm19,

I bought a rifle from Rifles, Inc. , a Classic model, and I am 100% satified. I ordered it in the summer of 2003 and it was completed in 6 months, as promised. It is built on a stainless Winchester Model 70 (new CRF version) action with a #5 contour Lilja barrel chambered for the .300 Rem Ultra Mag and finished at 26 inches. It has no muzzle break. I choose a titanium nitride finish, which is extremely non-reflective, as desired. I opted for a Jewell trigger and Williams bottom metal.

If you'll send a PM with your email address, I'll send some photos and 100 yard targets.

It's been to Namibia twice now. I've not have a problem with it.

Good hunting,
Jim

Posts: 48 | Location: Helvetia, Oregon | Registered: 14 September 2003Reply With Quote