Tools

Gun Auction
 Login/Join

Picture of T.Carr
posted
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Go to this link
Auction

There are 4 pages of guns for sale at an auction near where I live. Do you see anything there that is unique or of particlular value that I should try to buy?

Regards,

Terry

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Terry:

Pretty neat, you may see me there. [Big Grin]

Where is Dunegan, MO?

I saw quite a few items that interested me, but none that I would really have serious regrets if I missed. All of them would be subject to condition and PRICE. It has been my experience that most of the gun auctions like this that I have attended have brought higher prices for the guns than I thought they were worth. However, there is a fair volume of fairly expensive stuff here, and some of them might, but probably won't, slip thru the cracks.

That said, from my POV, I would look closely at:

Lot 2 AR10T, probably worth about $1300/1400, a buy at $1200 or less. I like them, but they are heavy.

Lot 16 Shiloh Sharps, not sure of manufacturer, if US a very interesting gun, great looking stock in pic.

Lot 25 Husqvarna .30-06, great Mauser action, a buy at $300 or less.

Lots 34,35,36, 37, 38 all interesting .22s and look to be in good or better condition. I'd be a buyer of any of them if the price was right.

Lot 51,53...good fun uppers for 15s, am not sure of value without looking them up, but a good fun addition if you have a 15.

Lot 100 Hi Standard Trophy one of the all time great target pistols, a steal at $300 or less, assuming the condition is as good as it appears.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
PS: I don't have the lot number, but that Parker shotgun, which appeared to have hammers in the photo, if it is a REAL Parker would be interesting, especially if it has solid steel barrels and even if Damascus it might be a buy since the condition appears (photo was not too clear on my monitor) to be fairly decent.

Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Cat,

It's about 40 miles north of Springfield, Missouri.

I thought a couple of those .22's looked pretty good. I may take some cash and go, just to see how it plays out.

Regards,

Terry

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
While it is not next door, I can be up there is 7 or 8 hours, so I might come, but probably won't. That is kind of dead time down here, so a day or so off won't kill me. [Big Grin]

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
Terry:

Pretty neat, you may see me there. [Big Grin]
Lot 16 Shiloh Sharps, not sure of manufacturer, if US a very interesting gun, great looking stock in pic.

Ah, Gatogordo, if you have not heard of Shiloh, you ain't been around many Sharps. They are made in Big Timber Montana today by the Kirk family. They were, at one time, made in Farmingdale NY by Wolfgang Droegne (I know I butched that last name). They are the best of the best. Period. Farmingdale's however, were usually chambered with a very odd 0.6" long freebore. This can be a problem. But it could easily be cleaned out by rechambering to .45 - 2 7/8" aka .45-110.

It looks to be a #1 long range configuration with a 34" heavy barrel.

Brent

Posts: 2257 | Location: Where I've bought resident tags:MN, WI, IL, MI, KS, GA, AZ, IA | Registered: 30 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i would hate to be the burglar that broke into this house!!! [Eek!] [Eek!]
woofer

Posts: 741 | Location: vermont. thanks for coming, now go home! | Registered: 05 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Brent:

Well, you're half right, I only own 2 of them, that I can think of right now. A C. Sharps of Big Timber, Montana and a Pedersoli, both in .45-70. But I haven't been shooting them for a while, they're just gathering dust. Shiloh was ringing a bell, but I didn't answer. Big Timber must be kind of crowded with all those Sharps manufacturers running around. [Big Grin]